Benefits of Infant Massage
The benefits of Infant Massage are many. It is fun and enjoyable for both baby and parent.
What Are The Benefits of Infant Massage?
The benefits of infant massage have been enjoyed in other cultures for centuries and now Australian parents can also learn the techniques to help their babies enjoy this gift of loving touch. Learning infant massage is made easy with a certified educator to guide you carefully through each stroke until you are confident in using the simple techniques.
Baby massage is usually taught in a small group setting, or alternatively, some educators also provide individual sessions. Either way, these sessions are run over 3-5 weeks, so that parents can learn the strokes gradually and to allow babies time to adjust to being massaged.
The benefits of Infant Massage are many. Here are just some of them:
- Fun and enjoyable for both baby and parent
- Helps both baby and parent to relax
- Encourages baby to sleep deeper and longer
- Improves colic and constipation and calms irritable babies
- Boosts a baby’s serotonin levels which is known to reduce the risks of SIDS
- Establishes a close, loving communication and relationship with your baby
- Provides an opportunity for fathers to spend quality time with their babies
- Strokes can be adapted for use on babies and children with special needs, to help them reach their potential
- Massage can also be adapted for use with children of all ages
- Babies and children who are massaged regularly are more likely to have a secure relationship with parents and so tend to have better relationships with others, both as children and adults
- Benefits flow onto the next generation as parents tend to parent as they themselves were parented
Book a class or an individual session with one of the many IMA trained Infant Massage educators.
Massage is one of the most gratifying experiences that your baby can enjoy emotionally for healthy growth and development, and a beautiful and simple way for you, as a parent, to express your love for your baby.