Learn to Teach Infant Massage
Find out about Infant Massage Educator Training. Find a course to attend and meet the trainers.
About our Certified Infant Massage Educator Training
Our Certified Infant Massage Educator (CIME) training is relationship focussed and is centred on developing healthy bonds and secure attachment between babies and their parents/caregivers.
Teaching Infant Massage is a rewarding opportunity, promoting well-being and enhancing bonding between infants and their parents/caregivers. Infant massage assists the growth and development of the baby’s body, mind and spirit. In addition, it can bring relief to complaints of colic, constipation, respiratory disorders and sleeping difficulties.
You can contribute to this essential communication by becoming a Certified Infant Massage educator. No previous massage experience is necessary.
The Infant Massage Australia Educator Training Workshops are designed for:
- Massage practitioners
- Child health nurses
- Parents and grandparents
- Other healthcare professionals
- Anyone interested in working with families
Our workshop includes coverage of:
- Infant massage benefits
- Importance of infant communication
- A massage sequence including appropriate use of oils, seeking permission, and the “best time” to massage
- Working with parent groups
- Bonding and attachment
- Unexplained early infant irritability
- High need families
- Trauma, touch deprivation and infant release
- Adaptations for the older child
- Children with additional needs including premature babies
- Practical teaching of families
- Promotion, passion and persistence
What is included as part of the enrolment fee:
- A combined online training and 2 day face-to-face workshop via Zoom
- A copy of Amelia Auckett’s Baby Massage and Vimala McClure’s Infant Massage: A Handbook for Loving Parents
- Extensive handouts
- Assessment of the study modules which enables your full certification with Infant Massage Australia
- Membership of Infant Massage Australia which connects you with a network of educators and provides you with ongoing support and resources
- Access to warehouse materials for use in your practice and for promotion and the Infant Massage Australia’s promotional Infant Massage DVD
View latest Infant Massage Educator Training Courses in your state.
Read more about our qualified Infant Massage Educator Trainers.